Friday, October 10, 2014

Linda Ikeji Reacts to Alleged Plagiarism

 Linds Ikeji reacted to Plagiarism, Excerpts bellow..
    ‘I admit that I take content from other sites. Plenty of it sef, but the question is, which website in the world doesn’t? If you go on Bossip.com, 50% of what is there is from other sources. Daily Mail UK takes from other sites, re-writes and give credit. UK Mirror takes from other sites. MediaTakeOut quotes other sources. E! Online, Us Weekly, People and even CNN take news from other sources and give credit, so why is mine an offense to the extent that my blog deserves to be shut down? Even in Nigeria, which site doesn’t take news from other sites?
 Which? That is how media runs. Perez Hilton makes $10 million a year from blogging and 50% of content on his site is not originally his. As long as you give credit…which I do! Except in cases where you don’t know the original source of the story or photo. So many blogs take content from my site, how many of them have I gone after? In fact, I’m happy that they do so, I have nothing against it. If I take content from another site and they approach me to take it down despite giving credit, I will take it down. But that doesn’t happen.

    I try as much as possible to get as many exclusives as I can, but because I work from home my team is so small. I’ve been planning to employ more hands which I will do eventually and then get a proper office. I’m kinda glad this happened. It’s now pushing me to act and take my business more seriously’

Meanwhile, a US-based lawyer is alleging that the owner of the Twitter handle @MrAyeDee, who alleged Linda stole from him, is a known cybersquatter and owner of a blog (9jalife.com) that also indulges in the very same copy and pasting he accuses Linda of.

Cybersquatting, the practice of setting up domain names with the name of a brand or person with the aim of profiting from it in the future, is against the law too.

This may not be the end of this saga, but even it is looking like Linda may yet, as with past controversies, come out from it better and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment