Tuesday, October 28, 2014

People Don’t Believe I Am A Lagosian” - Olusola Desmond Elliot



And among them is Desmond Elliot who has declared his intention to represent Surulere constituency in Lagos State House of Assembly under APC. Desmond had shocked a lot of Nigerians and was mocked for it when he added “Olusola” to his campaign name.

A few days ago, he released his campaign poster and manifesto for his House of Assembly ambition and here's what he has to say about people not knowing he had Yoruba blood in his veins.

Speaking in an interview, Desmond said:

    “I am from Lagos state. My father is from Olowogbowo in Lagos Island but my mother is from Delta state. I refer to myself as being a Pan-African. People don’t believe I am a Lagosian because I seldom act in Yoruba movies. And I didn’t include the Shola in my name. Then because my surname is also English, many couldn’t differentiate which made people confused of where exactly I am from. I am very detribalised. People of my constituency know my story and know where I come from. I have always used Shola in my primary school days. I went to Air Force Primary School in Plateau and later attended St John’s College, both in Jos. I proceeded to Lagos State University where I studied Economics and graduated in 2003.″ 

On his reasons for joining politics, Desmond explained that joining politics for him is an ambition he has been nursing for many years but only joined since this is one of the appropriate time to declare his intention. Hear him:

    “Politics has been in me for many years but I wanted a party which was progressive. My choice of APC was because its stronger and progressive. The party is one you can identify with. This is also a good platform and a good party. It has lots of programs that cater for people’s welfare. It has so much differentiated itself from all others. This is one of the reasons why I decided to join the party” he explained. 

What is his agenda if he eventually emerges the winner in the forth coming election?

    Security and Housing for more people. Welfare insurance, Housing for more people, road usage, protection of entertainers against abuse of creativity, content right protection which is on ground but not enforced. A lot more we can do to make the state a cosmopolitan and mega city”.

No comments:

Post a Comment