Sunday, November 23, 2014

Staggering! 179 years of age man found in India: "Passing has overlooked me"

A retired cobbler from northern India, Mahashta Mûrasi, claims he was born in January 1835, making him not just the oldest man on the planet, however the oldest to have ever lived, based on the Guiness World Records.
Cobbler 700x429 Staggering! 179 years of age man found in India: Passing has overlooked me


In accordance with indian officials, the person was born in the home in the town of Bangalore on January 6th 1835, and is recorded to own lived in Vârânasî since 1903. He worked as a cobbler in the town until 1957, when he retired at the already venerable age of 122.



“I have been alive so long, that my great grand-children have been dead for years” explains Mr Mûrasi. “Somehow death forgot about me… And now there’s hardly any hope left. Look at the statistics, nobody dies past 150, even less at 170. At that point, I guess I’m immortal or something. I might as well enjoy it!”


The man’s birth certificate and identity cards all seem to confirm his version, but unfortunately no medical examination can confirm his saying for now. The last doctor Mister Mûrasi visited died in 1971, so there is little information available about his previous medical files.



Staggering! 179 years of age man found in India: "Passing has overlooked me"

No comments:

Post a Comment