Friday, April 10, 2015

Why I shunned AY’s show –Basketmouth slams rumour-mongers !

There have been bits of gossip that there is a quiet competition between top entertainers, Basketmouth and AY.


basketmouth


A lot of people think that the contention is in light of personality issues in light of the fact that both amusingness traders are big brands in the business.


Yet in a restrictive talk with Saturday Beats, Basketmouth denied the gossip saying he had no issues with AY or his show. Yet when inquired as to why he needed to leave the venue even without entering the lobby, Basketmouth said that he couldn’t be at the show on the grounds that he was not billed to perform and that he had another gig on that day.


“I was not booked to appear at AY’s show. My name was not publicised as part of the people to be at the show. It is not about comedians being united; AY did his show and never mentioned that Basketmouth would perform, so why would people expect me to be there? It doesn’t make sense.”


When Saturday Beats asked Basketmouth why he had to be at the venue if he knew he wasn’t going to enter the hall, he said, “It was just a coincidence that I was at the venue of the show while it was ongoing. I could not even be a guest at AY’s show because I had another gig on that day I was rushing off to.


“The way we think in this country is very funny. You go to the market to buy a Mercedes and hope to get a Rolls Royce engine, it is not possible. They sold a product and said that some people would perform, so why should people expect that I would be there? There is no beef between AY and I. I am an easy going person and I’m very cordial with everybody,” he said.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment