Monday, May 4, 2015

70 reported dead in Taraba state

No less than 70 persons were said to have lost their lives and a few others injured in discrete assaults in Karim Lamido and Takum Local Government Areas of Taraba State within the previous couple of days.
taraba

It was claimed that 27 individuals were executed in Karim-Lamido LGA taking after a backlash by the military. We gathered  that suspected Fulani gunmen trapped and killed six soldiers while three were said to be missin two days ago when the gunmen  assaulted the fighters between Amar and Kambari town of Karim Lamido LGA.


Akinwole later told our correspondent on the telephone that those who attacked him were sent by a former commissioner from Ife.  He said he had been told that he would not be allowed to collect the certificate of return.

 He said,


”I was attacked by some boys who said the former commissioner  had said I should not be allowed to take the certificate.  I was told he asked them to shoot me if I insisted on collecting it.

 “I was attacked while coming out of the INEC office and they tore my clothes. The policemen who were there tried to rescue me and I was ferried out of the place in the Speaker’s car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment