Saturday, July 11, 2015

Teenage robbery suspect- I’m destined to be a robber

2 teenagers, Sani Harry and Muhammed Yahaya, who were arrested by the Kwara State Command of the Nigerian Police Force for allegedly robbing people with a cutlass, say they were destined to be robbers.

The suspects, who claimed to be herdsmen and farmers, however, were remorseful enough to warn other youths like themselves to steer clear of robbery and other crimes.
Continue..


17-year-old Harry said he was destined to be a robber because the temptation was too strong.
He said,
“It is destiny that made me to start robbing people. The temptation just came in a strong way. I just did it without knowing why I did it. I have never killed anybody. We normally rob with cutlasses and sticks. I regret my action now. I will not do it again.”
The other robber, Yahaya expressed remorse for robbing people. He added that he would never get involved in robbery if he was pardoned and released.
Also paraded by the police was a robbery suspect, simply identified as Ibira, 25. Like Harry and Yahaya, he said he did not know what pushed him into the crime.
“I am a farmer and cattle rearer. I do not know why I decided to pertake in robbery. But believe me, I will never do it again.”
The Commissioner of Police, Kwara State Command, Mr. Salihu Garba, said the arrests of the suspects were in fulfilment of the command’s promise to the people of the state to reduce or possibly eradicate violent crimes in the state.
Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment