Monday, July 6, 2015

Vanessa Williams ties the knot with boyfriend Jim Skrip


52 year old Vanessa Williams and her fiancé of 3 years, Jim Skrip, got married Saturday evening.

Family and friends were in attendance to watch the couple tie the knot before fireworks rang nearby. Just a few days before the ceremony, Williams teased her social media followers that she was going on a "road trip" for the holiday weekend. Now we all know what she meant.



The "Ugly Betty" star and Grammy-nominated singer announced her engagement in September on "The Queen Latifah Show."
"You never know what you'll find and where you'll find it," she said. "I was on vacation with my daughter going to Egypt, cruising on the Nile. I wasn't looking for anything. I'd been alone for a number of years and divorced for 10 years at that time."
"I got engaged. I have had a lot of good things happen while I've been on this lovely trip," she revealed to Queen Latifah. "I turned 50 when we were in rehearsal on Broadway, I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago...It has been a lot of blessings on this trip."
The couple met on a Nile cruise in 2013. Williams, whose mother is from Buffalo, approached Skrip because he was a wearing a Buffalo Sabres shirt,she said.

She asked him if he was from there, and the two hit it off.

This is the third marriage for Williams. She has four children with exes Ramon Hervey II and basketball player Rick Fox.


Fox and Williams divorced in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment