Sunday, August 23, 2015

Man Molests 34-Year-Old Poor Widow To Death In Ebonyi

A 34-year-old widow and mother of four in Egwudunagu village, Amachi community in Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Mrs. Ogodo Egede has allegedly been defiled to death by one Alex Nwabu, a 40-year-old man in the area.

Nwabu, who allegedly committed the act in the deceased house in the night, was said to have been having constant affair with the widow with a threat to kill her if she dared disclose it to anyone.



The poor widow, who depended on artisan work to carter for her children, was seen with bruises all over her motionless body following the incident.
A family source told our reporter that when the suspect continued the act, the widow’s daughter, a 13-year-old girl was forced by Nwabu to leave the house for threatening to expose him.

‘’The girl ran to her grandparents in the night because Nwabu threatened to kill her. She came to greet her mother in the morning only to see that she was dead and was covered with a wrapper.

‘’The girl went and informed the grandfather that her mother is dead. She had reported Nwabu’s action to her grandfather,” the source added.
The youths of the area then mobilised a search party for the suspect on hearing his alleged action and later found him in his father’s compound. On interrogation, he admitted committing the crime. Nwabu said: “Mrs. Ogodo was owing me N1, 500 and when I visited her for the payment she refused. I actually asked her for s*x and she also refused. I later used force on her and I did not know she will die because I didn’t want to kill her.

‘’But she struggled with me which annoyed me and I beat her up, I had sex with her for several hours.” Speaking on the incident, the widow’s father, Chief Ogbonna Ogayi said his granddaughter ran to him in the night and reported that Nwabu came to their house and started harassing her mother with a cutlass.

No comments:

Post a Comment