Thursday, September 3, 2015

Vincent Enyeama Loses Mother To Death, Apologises For Missing Tanzania Game


The Lille goalkeeper’s parent has passed away and it is the reason for his opting out of the Nigeria game against the Taifa Stars

Vincent Enyeama’s mother has passed away it has emerged, hours after Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh told media that the goalkeeper opted out of the Super Eagles ahead of their trip to Tanzania without an excuse.



The 101-capped Enyeama posted a message on his Instagram page on Wednesday afternoon apologizing to Nigeria fans but fell short of stating the reason for his absence.

However, it has been learnt that the goalkeeper’s parent died and it was the reason for his painfully written apology on Instagram.

“So sorry I won't make it out there to wear this shirt,” Enyeama wrote alongside an artist’s impression of him in a Nigeria jersey.

“So sorry that I won't be standing there singing the anthem of my sweet NIGERIA. #WEARENIGERIA.

“I wish that this darkness didn't come in daylight. I wish that I could turn back the hand of time. I wish,I just wish that I could take away this pain. Let the rain wash away this pain,” the bereaved player concluded.


From me and my family I want to pour out my heart to enyeama please take heart we really love you my mum is from akwa ibom is just like I lost a relative also...thanks for your services..May God give you the strength to overcome this lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment