Friday, November 13, 2015

PDP Conference: I’ m Not Fighting Secondus-Led NWC - Fayose


Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has clarified that his absence at the Peoples Democratic Party’s National Conference held in Abuja on Thursday should not be misinterpreted to mean that he is at loggerheads with Prince Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee.
Fayose said he is solidly behind the NWC in its strides to reposition the party and return its winning streak that makes the party the darling to all Nigerians.


The governor was conspicuously absent at the conference attended by party bigwigs like Governors Idris Wada of Kogi, Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State, Ibrahim Dankwabo of Gombe State, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, acting BOT Chairman, Alhaji Haliru Mohammed, Chief Ojo Madekwe, ex-PDP governors, serving senators and other party top-notchers.

Fayose , who gave the clarification in Afao Ekiti during a chat with journalists, said he has been taking time to attend to many issues over his 55th birthday slated for Sunday, November 15, which he said prevented him from attending the conference.
“I am observing prayers here in Afao Ekiti. This weekend is my 55th birthday. I have been receiving several guests and I have a lot of people to meet and preparations to make.
“So, whatever the PDP leaders do at that level, I support them. I think the party even acknowledged the fact that there were things I have done here that had been of tremendous benefits to the party. So, my presence there to me means nothing. That is the way I feel”, Fayose clarified.
This Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment