Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jonathan: We Shamed Prophets Of Doom In 2015.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says Nigerians proved wrong those who had negative prophecies about the country in 2015.  Reacting to the honour bestowed on him by The African Sun Times Newspaper, which named him its International Person of the Year, Jonathan reaffirmed his belief in the country he led for five years. The publication is number one and largest newspaper in America. “I thank The African Sun Times for naming me as its International Person of the year, 2015. I am indeed humbled by this honour,” he wrote on Facebook.


“When I think about it, I understand why this medium may have thought me worthy of such an honour. However, I believe that my people, the Nigerian people, are more deserving of this honour.
“We, the Nigerian people, put to shame naysayers and prophets of doom and in 2015, we held a most transparent, violence-free and credible elections that transferred power from one political party to another and from an incumbent to the opposition, without rancour, bitterness or strife.
“In the process, we proved that nobody’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian or any national of any country for that matter. That to me, is a most worthy testimonial of the character of the Nigerian nation and the resilience of our people, which is why I dedicate this honour to them.
“May God continue to bless Nigeria and Nigerians.”

Jonathan also expressed optimism that the country would surmount the challenges confronting it in the new year.
“In the 80s, our people sang and danced to the hit song ‘Nigeria go survive’. I am convinced that in 2016, Nigeria will not only survive, she will also thrive and help drive the peace, prosperity and unity of all her people,” he wrote.
“We are all brothers and sisters born from the womb of one Nigeria and as I have said previously, we would not be Nigerians if God did not will it.
“Having found ourselves as Nigerians by the divine providence of God, let us celebrate our Nigerianness and make 2016 our turning point year in which we embrace each other and work as a team to advance the frontiers of Nigeria in every field of human endeavour.”

No comments:

Post a Comment