Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Edo 2016: Don’t Sell Your Votes, Ogiemwonyi Tells APC Delegates

By Charles Kumolu With campaigns by politicians jostling to succeed Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State getting more frenzied by the day, delegates to elect the flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the September 10 governorship race in the state, have been advised to critically scrutinise the credentials of those who have indicated their intentions to govern the state.



 A governorship aspirant in the state on the platform of the APC, Mr. Chris Ogiemwonyi, gave the advice while addressing delegates in Owan West Local Government Area, Sabongida-Ora; Owan East Local Government Area and at Igarra, headquarters of Akoko-Edo Local Government Area. He said: “I am here to solicit your votes as a brother, friend and political party advocate, who believes in due process. I am aware that many of my fellow contenders in the race have visited you almost twice. It is not out of hatred that I am visiting late.

I was only obeying the governor’s directives to wait till the ban on campaign was lifted. “I want to tell you that I am a different kind of politician because of my background as a technocrat. When I left school years back, I had three jobs. Now, thousands of our youths are being turned out of schools on a yearly bases without jobs and it aches my heart." “As governor of Edo State, if you give me your votes, I will not only create jobs for the teaming youths who are graduates, but will also provide hooks with which you can fish by yourself, especially those who have contributed immensely for the development of our dear party, the APC."

“My major reason for seeking to be the governor of Edo State is to eradicate poverty because the statistics has shown that more than 60 percent of our people are living below poverty line. As governor of the state, I will build on the legacy of Governor Oshiomhole who has laid the base for concrete governance.” Enthusiastically receiving the aspirant at the various points of his campaign consultation, spanning the entire Edo North senatorial district, the people lauded his record while serving the nation in various capacities.

No comments:

Post a Comment