Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cultists Attack OPC Member For Sleeping With Stepmother Of Their Members (photo)

Men suspected to be cult members have attacked and injured a 42-year-old man, Adewale Omotosho, a member of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), at Shimawa, Ogun State. Omotosho was accused of sleeping with the stepmother of some members of the cult group known as Golden Star.

It was gathered that about 10 suspected members of the group, led by the stepchildren of the woman, attacked the victim on Monday with dangerous weapons. Omotosho said he and his wife went to a friend’s house in the community when he was attacked.



He said: “We were still waiting for the person we went to see, when the woman I was accused of sleeping with came without greeting me. I even joked with her when she did not greet me because she is the wife of a popular chief in the community.

“After I asked her why she did not greet me, she left. Immediately after that, I saw about 10 young boys, who are cult members in the community. They pounced on me and beat me to stupor. They attacked me with machete and I sustained injuries. My wife was not also spared from the attack. “I was still writhing in pain when some residents, who know me as a member of OPC, rushed to call my colleagues who came and took me to the health centre where I was treated.” Omotosho said the matter was reported at Ogijo Police Division, while some members of OPC were said to have sustained injuries when they tried to rescue their colleague from the cult members.

Among the OPC members, who sustained injuries, is Kehinde Anifowoshe. “My colleagues and I were trying to rescue Omotosho who was in pain, when the cult members, who had gone before, reinforced and started throwing stone and broken bottles at us. I was trying to defend myself when the broken bottles hit my hand,” Anifowoshe said.

The Shimawa OPC Coordinator, Mr. Sunday Adeniji, said the allegation against Omotosho was a lie. He said: “The different cult members in the community saw us as a thorn in their flesh, because we always frustrate their operation. On a slightest provocation, they attack us in order to project us as a bad organisation in the community. “We are law-abiding citizens.

Immediately after the incident, we went to police station to report the matter because we are peace-loving group in the community.” When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, promised to get back to our correspondent.

No comments:

Post a Comment