Friday, April 8, 2016

I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo


ABUJA – Former president Olusegun Obasanjo Thursday displayed surprise over comments credited to the National Assembly that during his time, he signed budgets into law without seeing the details.
Obasanjo said that the purveyors of the news at the National Assembly needed to be contacted the second time to prove the authenticity of the information.



The former president also feigned ignorance of the travails of the senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal over false assets declaration. He spoke tacitly to the State House Correspondents after a private meeting with president Mohammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja on Thursday. The interview which was very brief but laced with humors ran thus: Purpose of visit “You know that not too long ago I was out there and I came to share some of my experiences with him.” What are those experiences ? “If I say I share experiences with my wife, will you ask what I discussed with my wife?” You were mentioned as signing budgets without the details during your time.

Did the issue of budget come up in the meeting with the president? “Emm, I signed budget without details? Anybody who told you that, go and ask him again” Tell us your feelings about the 2916 budget and the issues “To be able to tell you about the budget I have to read the budget to know it contains and what it doesn’t.” The delays in signing the budget and the attendant effect on Nigerians “No. The constitution allows you to continue with the budget provided you did not go beyond the previous year and that can be done uptill the middle of the year.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/didnt-sign-budget-without-details-obasanjo/

No comments:

Post a Comment