Saturday, April 16, 2016

Photos: NDLEA recovers 193 wraps of cocaine in passengers’ socks





Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos have arrested a commercial bus driver in Lagos named Maduewesi Ugochukwu Samuel, with 193 wraps of cocaine weighing 3.4kgs that was hidden inside his sucks. Samuel was arrested while attempting to board a plane heading to Dubai.




When he was arrested, Samuel said he ventured into drug trafficking so he could make some money and quit his job as a commercial driver
“I am a commercial bus driver in Lagos. I am from Anambra State. My friend who lives outside the country introduced me into drug trafficking. He promised to help me with capital to start my business, but after sponsoring my trip to Dubai, he told me to smuggle drugs to Nigeria. I was instructed to conceal the drugs in my socks and that it will not be detected. They also offered to pay me the sum of N800,000 for safe delivery of the drug. I had wanted to start a supply business in electrical appliances but I am regretting my action because my wife is all alone while I am in NDLEA custody. This is her first pregnancy and she needs my attention. This is my greatest concern,” .

Speaking on his arrest, the Chairman/Chief Executive of the Agency, Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (rtd,) said
“This is an interesting arrest and I commend the officers for the discovery. Dubai-Lagos route is gradually gaining notoriety and we are monitoring it closely. Let me assure members of the public that the NDLEA is working very hard in preventing illicit drug production, trafficking and abuse in the country. During screening of passengers at the arrival hall, officers noticed that he had some items attached to his legs. It was cleverly done, but not good enough to escape our notice. When his socks was pulled down, suspected wraps of narcotics found to be cocaine fell down on the floor. He was immediately arrested and taken for further investigation”.
He will soon be charged to court

No comments:

Post a Comment