Monday, May 30, 2016

Buhari Cancels Visit To Calabar

Barely one week after President Muhammadu Buhari called off a much-hyped visit to Lagos State, he equally dashed the hopes of Cross Riverians as he shunned the commissioning of the much-publicized Monorail and Garment factory projects in the state.

And as in the Lagos instance, no reasons were given for suspending the president’s visit to commission the two legacy projects alongside his wife, thereby causing some embarrassment to the government and people of the state.



Had the number one citizen honoured the invitation, it would have been his second visit since he came into office, because on October 10, 2015 the president honoured Governor Ben Ayade’s request on him to visit and perform the ground breaking and flagging-off of construction of the controversial Calabar super highway project.

Preparations were in top gear to ensure a successful commissioning as work on the projects continued round the clock in the past few weeks till yesterday, when it became obvious that the event would no longer hold.

Last Thursday, the State Commissioner of Information, Mrs. Rosemary Archibong, while presenting a paper titled, “The Future of Tourism in Africa: A Case Study of Cross River State”, at the just concluded conference of Africa Public Relations Association (APRA) at the Calabar International Centre (CICC), announced that the president and his wife were no longer coming to commission the projects.

APRA members had earlier frowned at the poor facilities at Lakeside hotel, Tinapa, and the wrong use of the picture of former governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, in a brief documentary branding the state’s tourism potentials at the conference, instead of that of the incumbent, Senator Ayade.

They also queried why participants were not allowed to use the monorail, which was touted as one of the tourism brands that influenced most participants to lodge at the Lakeside hotel, Tinapa.

While apologising for all lapses noticed, the commissioner noted that “Cross River State gets very little in terms of allocation, whereas, other states have over N9b or more”, saying that that affects a lot of things that ought to have been done.

On the Monorail, Mrs. Archibong explained that it was not yet open to the public, adding that only a test run was carried out in preparation for commissioning last Friday, by the president, who she said sent a message that he was no longer coming due to some unforeseen circumstances.

The monorail project was conceived by the previous administration of former Governor Donald Duke to run from the Margaret Ekpo International Airport to Tinapa and the rails were procured, but the Senator Liyel Imoke regime changed the plan given the huge financial outlay, thus rerouting it to run from the CICC to Tinapa.

Imoke had commenced the actual construction of the 1.5km rail and procured the trains, but Ayade came in and completed it, while the Cross River Garment Factory reputed to be the biggest single floor garment factory in the world with a floor size of 5,000sqm has employed 3000 Cross Riverians, mostly women to start work in three shifts.

1 comment:

  1. SUGAR MUMMY SEARCHERS/FINDERS: Please be careful/note that my below testimony on how I get a Rich Sugar Mummy have been copied/Edicted by some male scammers who scammed me before I meet with Mrs Sandra number which is (+23481-4055-3826)! Is only Mrs Sandra you should call (+2348140553826)! Try a female agent (Mrs. Sandra). male agents in the game are too plenty!! I know they will still change this one #fools(scammers)! Please if you need a suger mummy, read below on how I get my Suger mummy!.

    Do you need a Sugar Mummy/Daddy?, Call Mrs. Sandra now on (+23481-4055-3826) she is genuine she has linked me up with a Rich Sugar Mummy. I never believed Sugar Mummy is real until I called Mrs. Sandra which I saw her number through a post by “MUSA SAMUEL”, who testified on how “Mrs. Sandra” Connected him to a Rich Sugar Mummy after he has been scammed online by other people, all the name of Sugar Mummy, I picked her Phone No which is (+23481-4055-3826) on “MUSA SAMUEL’S” post/comment, I called her, I also told her how I have been scammed online before by other agents, she told me to trust her that in three(3) hours she will connect me up with a Suagr Mummy, the fact/true was I did not believe her at the first place, but I was just like let me try, I followed all her instructions carefully, within three(3) hours she trully connected/linked me up to a Rich Sugar Mummy, it was like a dream when I first meet with my Sugar Mummy who today is paying me just as Mrs. Sandra said she was going to be paying me, you cant believe this, as am talking with you now am to meet with my Rich Sugar Mummy today for the seventh(7th) time and she has been taking good care of me. please help me thank “MUSA SAMUEL” who directed me to Mrs. Sandra through his posts/comments. lastly help me thank a woman who keeps to her word, I call her OMINI TALK & DO, her name is Sandra, she is nice & genuine you can also call her now on (+23481-4055-3826) she will link/connect you to a Rich Sugar Mummy, Alleh she is really nice & genuine may God bless you Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete