Sunday, September 4, 2016

I got my victim through 'come and marry' method —Suspected fraudster

Muritala Oladipupo, 37, was arrested in a mosque in Ibadan on August 28 after his victim, Mutiat Azeez, told the police that he defrauded her of N700,000 when she was deceived into believing that he was an Islamic preacher who could help her with prayers to solve spiritual problems, Tribune reports.




Oladipupo said he learnt the method of proposing love to a potential victim so that it would be easy for him to penetrate her, from two men, Abdulwaheed and Ola Shehu. The victim would be disclosing her problems which he would capitalise on to obtain money from her.

Speaking further, he said: "I fell into trouble when Azeez gave me the money to help her carry out some rites for her to attack someone who swindled her. She became angry when she did not get the expected result. I took her to a river in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State, to bathe in a river.

I secretly invited two female syndicate members, Seun and Abibat, who dressed like white witches and prayed for her at the riverside. I also took her to a fake shrine at Moniya, Ibadan, where a pipe was laid underground and someone at one end spoke into it, the sound of which echoed like that of a spirit at the other end of the pipe in a room."

No comments:

Post a Comment